Remote Ski & Snowboard Touring Basecamp
Enjoy remote ski touring and splitboarding from our new remote Chugach basecamp. Located at the far reaches of the Chugach Mountains outside of Valdez and Thompson Pass, you will find the most comfortable base for your adventure imaginable. Our camp consists of three 10×10 “Arctic Oven Tents” and a 12×18′ Galley Tent and common area. Each tent sleeps 2 super comfortably with cots, sleeping pads, and heaters. The Galley tent is where you can enjoy the best Alaskan meals in the bush you’ll ever have, along with hang out in a more spacious tent with others in the evening or when weather prevents touring.
The Arctic oven is the ultimate base camp tent. It is made right here in Alaska by Alaskans at Alaska Tent & Tarp. They know what extreme conditions are and made a tent to withstand the conditions. Turn on that heater at night and dry any wet gear out and have a comfortable place to hang out.
The terrain around our camp is stacked with options to say the least. You may have seen our segment in TGR’s “The Dream Factory” where we expored the area for a few weeks filming some amazing lines. We will fly you and your party in to camp with one of our Astar helicopters, where you will find everything you need for a week long experience like no other!
7 Day Package – $2,400 per person (up to 6 people)
– All ground transportation apon arrival to Valdez
– Transporation to and from the field via Helicopter
– 6 days, 7 nights accommodations (if unable to fly out to camp, lodging may be at the Robe Lake Lodge until weather permits flight to camp)
– A Qualified and experienced Lead and Assistant Guide
– All meals prepared for your party during your stay
– Double accommodation including, cot, sleeping pad and bag, and tent heaters
– As many days up to 6 of guided ski touring from camp
*Advanced reservation required
*Helicopter lifts and skiing support available on request